Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Getting Ready

Surgery is at 8:30 a.m. and I have to be there at 7 a.m.  I had my consultation with the nurse and we went over everything that needs to be done beforehand and all of the things that I'll need to bring like a robe and slippers, neither of which I have.  She also talked about getting baby spoons because using larger spoons so that my meal will last longer (30 minutes) and I won't get as full so fast.  Sounds like a good idea to me.  I go on the 7th to meet with the dietitian and she'll go over eating for after surgery.  There is so much to remember and I'm afraid that I'm not going to remember it all.  I'm going to post a picture of what I look like before surgery so we can see my progress together.  A co-worker who had the gastric bypass has been a wealth of information and she's going to help me update my wardrobe once I've lost some significant weight because up until now all of my clothes have been black or brown.  I've tried to stay away from patterns and colors as most overweight women do.  I don't want to dress trashy but I'd like to have one sexy outfit.  But since I work in an office I'd like to be more updated.  Choices are limited when you're overweight.  You wear black or brown or look like a circus tent.  No thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment